Friday, December 10, 2010

Pianolady32's Holiday Wish List Meme

TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

1. What is your holiday wish for your family?

I wish for a safe and blessed trip to visit with my husband's relatives. We haven't spent a Christmas with them in several years so we're really looking forward to it.

2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?

We usually just wake up, make coffee and wait for the kids to wake up. :) Our kiddos are sleepers. When the kids wake up, we gather round the tree, read the Christmas story from Scripture and enjoy opening gifts together.

3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?

Ohhhhh...completely decadent...I've been pretty practical concerning myself for so long...I think I'd like to make our house and property self-sustaining. I don't guess that qualifies as completely decadent but it's something that I really, really want but can't really do.

4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?

We read some wonderful stories, 'The Tale Of The Three Trees' and 'The Cajun Night Before Christmas'. We might play a round or two of Surprise Marble on a board handmade by my great-grandfather. We also might make cookies or some holiday crafts. We watch a movie or a couple of movies. We just kinda take it easy and see what we feel like doing. :)

5. What games did you play with your family growing up?

We played Uno when we visited with my mother's family. I remember the laughs! We played dominoes sometimes, too. Every now and then we'd play Monopoly.

6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?

We read the Christmas story from Scripture and sing Christmas carols.

7. Where would you go for a Christmas away-from-home trip?

That's a really hard decision but I would so love to have a trip to Ireland. I'm not sure they'd be at their best during the Christmas season, though... Maybe Jamaica? Or a cruise might be fun. All impossible at this point in our lives, though, considering there are 5 of us.

8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?

Any Zelda game, PS3, Create for Wii

No comments: