Tuesday, September 14, 2010

10 Reasons I Love Days Like Today

The weather in our area is absolutely gorgeous today! The morning was cool and dewy. Autumn is in the air. I love this time of year. Days like to today just make me feel so very alive. So here is my top ten for today. I haven't done one in a while and thought it would be fun to make a list today. :)

1. The sun is shining brightly, making the dew look like millions and millions of little stars. How could anyone not love the creative thought of that?

2. The air is fresh and clear. Living in the country, you can take a huge breath of air and most of the time you just smell fresh air. Sometimes you can smell the diesel fumes from a tractor or metallic scents of a barn or garage. Sometimes you can smell freshly plowed dirt (which is one of my favorite scents). But on days like today, all you smell is the combined scents of all the flora and fauna surrounding you and they mix well to form the scent of fresh, unpolluted air. AWESOME!

3. It's a reminder that my second favorite holiday is just around the corner. I love Thanksgiving. I consider it to be a true American holiday, not borrowed from any particular culture but a tradition all our own. And what a wonderful tradition! Who can find fault with a day to be /thankful/? And who can find fault with a table brimming with delicious goodness?

4. Days like this make it hard to frown. I frown a lot about a great many things. But on days like this, it's really hard to stay down for long. The bright sunshine and beautiful scenery around me are just too beautiful and too magnificent to foster any kind of 'down-ness'.

5. I feel energized and renewed. I don't know if it's the sunshine or the fresh air or the combination of the two but I feel like I could conquer the world on days like today. Or maybe just the few herds of dust rhinoceri that have invaded my domicile. :) (Didn't you know that rhinoceri is the plural of rhinoceros?)

6. It's the beginning of a new school year. A fresh start is always a good thing. You've had a breather, a short break, and now it's time to learn more interesting things. Helping a child learn new and interesting things is such a blessing! To watch your child catch on to new ideas or read a book for the first time...what an awesome thing!

7. Ah, yes! The bugs will soon go to sleep for a time. OK, so not all bugs sleep during the cold season. Some die before it hits. But some of them do. Let me just say here that the ones that don't had better stay out of my house (or stay out of sight) or they will not live through the winter.

8. The time for a fall garden is near at hand. The excitement of planting fall veggies is always something to look forward to. Broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, turnips [which I do not like so much], there are so many healthy vegetables to plant during this time of the year!

9. The sounds of cicadas and crickets and frogs are all still heard during this time of year. They wake us in the morning and sing us to sleep at night. What beautiful music they make!

10. The stars shine brighter, it seems, when the weather turns cooler. And I can hear the train passing by as if it was just across the bayou rather than 10 minutes down the road. I don't know about you guys, but I love to hear the passing of a train at night. During the day, it's not half as fun! I have no idea why this is.

This concludes today's top 10. I hope you enjoy it and I hope you will come back to read more in the future. Until then, be sure you...

Laugh A Lot!

No comments: