Saturday, December 1, 2012

Ten Things I'm Thankful For in 2012

It's been a little while since my last post. I got tired of seeing the title every time I commented on someone else's blog. So here I am, writing again.

Seems like there are more people in trouble this year. More people are hurting for money, looking for jobs. But we don't have to let those circumstances bring us down. We can be thankful for many things. So here are 10 things that I'm thankful for this year.

1. I'm thankful for my family being together. Even if we are not together physically, we can be together in spirit.

2. I'm thankful for having a place to live, food to eat and clothes to wear. It's not the most beautiful house, or the most perfect one. Our clothes are not the most 'in style' but they keep us modest and warm. We can't always eat the kinds of foods we want to eat (i.e. healthier and better for us) but we do have food and our bellies are full.

3. I'm thankful that after a 6 month wait, my husband was finally able to get a job. And it's a good one, too. I'm thankful that, even when I wasn't looking, a job fell into my lap that works with my schedule.

4. I'm thankful to finally be able to get off food stamps. It's been too long and I'm glad we'll be standing on our own feet again.

5. I'm thankful for books and music. Without those, my imagination might die and that would be a tragic thing, indeed!

6. I'm thankful for my chosen family. You know, 'friends are the family you choose'? They always brighten my day and make our lives interesting.

7. I'm thankful for coffee. Though this is low down on the list, do not mistake its vital importance! Without it, I'd be out of commission for at least two weeks, maybe four. I love my coffee. I'll drink it almost any way you can imagine. I've been drinking coffee for /many/ years now.

8. I'm thankful for prayer warriors and true servants of the Living God. They do not call attention to themselves and I will not embarrass them by calling their names here but I am thankful for them. Without them, we would have had a much harder time getting through this year.

9. I'm thankful there is still breath in me. That means I have another chance to do something right.

10. I'm thankful for our freedoms. They may be slowly withering and wasting away but I'm still thankful for them all the same. And I'll still do what I can to protect them.

So what are you thankful for this year? How have you been blessed or lucky? Rattle off some positive thoughts, if you wish, in the comments below. No negativity, please! If you don't like my post, just pass it by. Also, try being kind to folks during the holiday season. I think you'll see that it makes you feel much better about yourself. You might even want to continue the practice when the holiday season is done! :) I wish all my readers a most wonderful and happy holiday season! Laugh a lot!

No comments: