Friday, August 21, 2009

First Time For Everything

I always thought I'd never host a slumber party. We since moving home, I've changed my mind. My daughter greatly enjoys the company of other girls. We don't have many girls her age living around us. Since they are homeschooled, the list of candidates for a sleepover is kind of slim. One of the girls she enjoys visiting and playing with was in our area for the summer only. She met one girl at Vacation Bible School and I was so afraid this girl's mom wouldn't let her come because she didn't know my husband and me very well. I'm glad that wasn't the case. And then my best friend has a daughter who will come. I'm hoping it will go well. We're going to have pizza and cheesy pepper bites with cake to follow. And I think we'll watch Lord of the Rings until they all crash. We might watch something different, though. If you are reading this, please pray for me as I welcome the gaggle of gallupping girls into our home. Thanks! Remembering to breathe...

No comments: